- Wednesday Night Classes
- Young Adults
- AldersgateSundays at 6:30 pm | Classroom 6-7: Emphasis on Scripture study and discussion of the relevance of God’s Word in our daily walk of faith.
- CornerstoneSundays at 11:00 am | Classroom 1-2: Bible study with life applications, parent/family challenges, video and book discussions, group mission service and fellowship.
- First MenFor all men of our church, all ages and all places in life. The goal is to grow in faith, encourage each other, and serve others. Meetings will resume in August 2018. For more information, contact Chris Meyer.
- Hearts in Scripture (HIS)Sundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 3: Bible study and discussion with life applications, including time for fellowship, prayer and singing.
- Letter of the Week ClubTuesdays at 10:00 am, Wednesdays at 10:00 & 10:30 am | Nursery: Moms of children 16 months to 2 years old meet weekly throughout the year. Each week a different mom plans the lesson for the Letter of the Week, which includes songs, stories, a craft, and a snack.
- McRaeSundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 5: Group discussion of Bible studies, Advent and Lenten series and current events. Socials are a most important aspect of our fellowship.
- Mommy & MeThursdays at 11:00 am | Nursery: A group for moms of newborns to 24 months. We encourage interaction and development for little ones while creating space for building friendships with other moms. Moms are welcome to feed comfortably without judgment. Join us as we support one another through the joys and challenges of motherhood.
- New CovenantSundays at 9:30 am | Room 204: For inquisitive, independent thinkers seeking to grow spiritually. Discussion topics include social justice issues, scripture exploration, relationships, theological trends, and other hot topics. Socials, outings, and service projects abound.
- Nu Class - A Reconciling CommunitySundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 6-7: An alternative learning experience for adults of all ages where diverse opinions are discussed in a spirit of mutual respect. For more information, visit nuclass.org
- Pendergrass-TurnerSundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 1-2: Couples and singles in their 70’s+. Lessons are Bible-oriented and members share the teaching responsibilities. We sing hymns, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, pray for those who are ill, support charities and study God’s Word. Good singing and tremendous socials!
- United Methodist WomenVarious Days | Offsite: Meet monthly in small groups, called circles, for programs which include Bible study, fellowship, local and worldwide missions. Open to all women, regardless of church affiliation.
- Senior FriendsFirst Friday of every month | Gathering Space: An enthusiastic group of seniors (age 60 and up) from various denominations throughout the Orlando area. Meets monthly for lunch and programming.
- First Light
Begins September 5 | 6:15 – 7:30 pm | Facilitator: Jared Opalinski
Why did Jesus happen when he happened? First Light is a 12-session DVD study of the historical Jesus and the Kingdom of God with two of the world’s leading Jesus scholars on location throughout the Galilee and Jerusalem.
- Present Over Perfect
Begins September 5 | 6:15 – 7:30 pm | Facilitator: Sarah McClane
Do you find yourself isolated, tired, and burned out on busy? The Present Over Perfect Study will teach you a new way to live: a life marked by grace, love, rest, and play. Walk with the author, Shauna Niequist, down a new path, a path away from frantic pushing and proving, and toward your essential self, the one you were created to be before you began proving and earning for your worth.
- Digging Deeper
Begins September 5 | 6:15 – 7:30 pm | Facilitator: Lamar Coleman
Digging Deeper is a class where we reflect and analyze the scripture from the past week. It gives you a chance to talk about how the sermon impacted your life and discuss how this week’s scripture can be lived out daily. Come join us as we dig deeper into the scriptures together!
- The Other Sheep (LGBTQ)First and Third Wednesdays at 7:00 pm | Classroom 3
The Other Sheep is a welcoming and inclusive group for Bible study and discussion. Click herefor more information.
- Theology & Creativity Series: Poetry
September 5-Oct 10 | 6:15-7:15 | Facilitator: Dianne Richardson
Join writer and poet Dianne Richardson as we explore form and content in Biblical poetry and experiment with methods and craft of contemporary poetry in the hopes of writing our own faith-based or faith-adjacent poetry. Bring your Bible for reference (optional) plus a notebook and a pen because we will be writing!
- Earn. Save. Give.
Begins November 7 – December 12 (no class on 11/21) | 6:15 – 7:15 pm | Facilitator: Rev. Shelly Denmark
Join us as we study Rev. Jim Harnish’s book “Earn. Save. Give.” This class will explore John Wesley’s wisdom on how Christians can faithfully use money and cultivate a generous way of living in the world. Registration can be found on Realm.
- Living the Questions
6:00 – 7:30 pm | Room 5 | Facilitator: Deborah Hill
Study of the hard questions and issues that confront Christians. Participants will view and discuss a 30-minute video, supplemented by brief material to read and questions to answer at home in preparation for each week. This study is designed for individuals who have some background and experience with Christian thought and teachings.
- Anatomy of Peace
Begins October 3 | 6:15 – 7:30 pm | Facilitator: Rev. Shelly Denmark
Ever wonder how we might be perpetuating the conflicts we find ourselves in? Join us as we study “The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict” by The Arbinger Institute. This four-week class will explore the ways of being that help us to have a heart at peace rather than a heart at war.
This group is committed to fun, growth, and community. We gather weekly to live life and learn together.
- Wednesday Night Dinner GroupJoin us every Wednesday night at 6:30 pm for a time to connect with other young adults with food, discussion, and prayer. This is a safe place to ask questions, explore beliefs and doubts and discover answers as you grow in relationship with others. Dinner is $6, all are welcome.
- FunOnce or twice a month, young adults will plan a fun event together. Past events have included Drive Shack, brunch at downtown restaurants, and picnics in the park. More information available here.
- Serve the CommunityQuarterly we plan service opportunities for the entire church. This is a great way to live out our vision to Seek and Love God, Love and Serve People. We will be in the local community serving those in need.