Sunday School Groups
- AldersgateSundays at 6:30 pm | Classroom 6-7: Emphasis on Scripture study and discussion of the relevance of God’s Word in our daily walk of faith.
- CornerstoneSundays at 11:00 am | Classroom 1-2: Bible study with life applications, parent/family challenges, video and book discussions, group mission service and fellowship.
- First MenFor all men of our church, all ages and all places in life. The goal is to grow in faith, encourage each other, and serve others. For more information, contact Chris Meyer.
- Hearts in Scripture (HIS)Sundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 3: Bible study and discussion with life applications, including time for fellowship, prayer and singing.
- McRaeSundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 5: Group discussion of Bible studies, Advent and Lenten series and current events. Socials are a most important aspect of our fellowship.
- New CovenantSundays at 9:30 am | Room 204: For inquisitive, independent thinkers seeking to grow spiritually. Discussion topics include social justice issues, scripture exploration, relationships, theological trends, and other hot topics. Socials, outings, and service projects abound.
- Nu Class - A Reconciling CommunitySundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 6-7: An alternative learning experience for adults of all ages where diverse opinions are discussed in a spirit of mutual respect. For more information, visit nuclass.org
- Pendergrass-TurnerSundays at 9:30 am | Classroom 1-2: Couples and singles in their 70’s+. Lessons are Bible-oriented and members share the teaching responsibilities. We sing hymns, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, pray for those who are ill, support charities and study God’s Word. Good singing and tremendous socials!
- United Methodist WomenVarious Days | Offsite: Meet monthly in small groups, called circles, for programs which include Bible study, fellowship, local and worldwide missions. Open to all women, regardless of church affiliation.
- Everyday ChristiansSundays at 10:30 am | Classroom 4
Building meaningful relationships with other parents through Bible study, family-related discussions, and group service projects. Childcare provided.
Wednesday Night Classes
- Dinner ChurchBegins at 5:30 pm | Gathering Space
Dinner is served on Wednesdays at 5:30 pm with guided discussion time at 6:15 pm. $6 for adults, $4 for children, $20 for families.
- The Other Sheep (LGBTQ)First and Third Wednesdays at 7:00 pm | Classroom 3
The Other Sheep is a welcoming and inclusive group for Bible study and discussion. Click here for more information.
- Theology & Creativity Series: Memoir and Nonfiction
January 23 – February 27 | 6:15-7:15 | Facilitator: Dianne Richardson
Join published local writer Dianne Richardson to explore faith and personal theology through writing. We will focus on writing creative nonfiction as a spiritual practice and the techniques of flash nonfiction, memoir, and even journaling and blogging, all with the goal of deepening our understanding of ourselves and of God while strengthening and enriching our relationship with Him.
- Parenting Group
January 16 – February 20 | 6:15 – 7:30 pm | Facilitator: Sarah McClane
Spiritual Parenting is a six-part DVD series that empowers parents to be the primary nurturers of their children’s faith and teaches them how to create a home environment God can use to work in their children’s lives. Families will be transformed as they learn how to create space for God-encounters in everyday life.
- Living the Questions
6:00 – 7:30 pm | Room 5 | Facilitator: Deborah Hill
Study of the hard questions and issues that confront Christians. Participants will view and discuss a 30-minute video, supplemented by brief material to read and questions to answer at home in preparation for each week. This study is designed for individuals who have some background and experience with Christian thought and teachings.
Throughout the Week
Mondays at 11:00 am | Nursery: Moms of children 16 months to 2 years old meet weekly throughout the year. Each week a different mom plans the lesson for the Letter of the Week, which includes songs, stories, a craft, and a snack.
Thursdays at 11:00 am | Nursery: A group for moms of newborns to 24 months. We encourage interaction and development for little ones while creating space for building friendships with other moms. Moms are welcome to feed comfortably without judgment. Join us as we support one another through the joys and challenges of motherhood.