Answering God’s Call
The sharing of our time, our talents, our gifts, and our service is important to our growth as Christian disciples. While the financial commitment is but a portion of our responsibility to be good stewards of all God’s blessings, it is critical that we make God’s call to be financially generous to others an integral part of our faith journey. Giving through First Church is the most effective way to help with ministry and missions.
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. - 2 Corinthians 9:7-8 NIV
Annual Estimate of Giving pledges help establish regular, meaningful giving habits. Other giving opportunities or “Second Mile” gifts can be made throughout the year. You will receive regular statements of your giving, and all gifts are tax-deductible.
Here are ways in which you can contribute in addition to tithes and offerings given through the offering plate.
- Annual Financial Pledge – Make an annual commitment to the church.
- Online Giving– Make a one-time or recurring contribution with a credit or debit card, or through Electronic Funds Transfer. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – allows consistent amounts to be drawn directly from your banking account. This option allows you to give as a regular priority and it also reduces the processing expense for the church. When you get to the “Billing Information” section, click the drop down menu next to “Card” and change to “ECheck ACH” to setup your EFT.
We’re transitioning to a new system for online giving. If you need to login to your old account, please click here. If you have any questions about transferring your existing account to SecureGive, contact Mike Barnhill, Finance Director 407.849.6080 x103 or [email protected]urchorlando.org.
- Mail – Donations may be mailed directly to First Church at 142 E. Jackson St., Orlando, FL 32801.
- Stocks and Mutual Funds: You will receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities at the time of donation and will pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
- Other: Other giving options include life insurance, retirement assets, bequests, personal property, appreciated Real Estate, and charitable lead trusts.
Giving appreciated assets may be a convenient way to maximize your giving. Individuals should check with their financial advisor. For additional information, contact us.
Wills and Bequests
Naming First United Methodist Church of Orlando as a beneficiary in your will is a commendable way to invest in future ministries of the church. Please contact your attorney for more information and estate planning.
Permanent or Special Endowment Fund
Gifts to the Permanent Endowment Fund or Special Endowment Fund insure that the ministries of First United Methodist Church will go on for many years to come. Endowed giving is a good way to say that you believe in the future of the church, that you want to build a sense of permanence in your gifs, and that you want to create a heritage for future generations. To learn more about leaving a legacy to our church, please contact us.