- Pastor's Administrative Assistant
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF ORLANDO
POSITION TITLE: Pastor’s Administrative Assistant
STATUS: Administrative, Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT: Seek and Love God, Love and Serve People.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist and support the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastors with all administrative tasks.
- Connects and communicates on behalf of the Senior Pastor and Pastoral staff with the congregation, staff, lay leadership and external organizations by scheduling meetings, sending email correspondence and coordinating church mailings.
- Orders Sunday school and small group curriculum.
- Oversees monthly and annual conference reporting.
- Maintains confidentiality, does not discuss matters of employment, assessments or operations of other ministries, comments/opinions of personal nature, or staff information with anyone.
- Maintains Pastoral calendars and creates/maintains the on-call schedule.
- Administrate Lay Leadership Nominations Committee, schedule and attend meetings, and manage communications.
- Assists the Director of Care Ministry with administrative tasks.
- Solves practical problems and effectively copes with the challenges that may arise from working with a variety of people in a church setting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Excels in organization and communication skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite and database entry).
- Track record of success as a team builder.
Please submit resume by August 10, 2017.Submit Resume Here
- Nursery Worker
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF ORLANDO
Seek and Love God. Love and Serve People
Position Title: Nursery worker
Status: Hourly; Part-Time (6-10 hours a week); Non-exempt Childcare Coordinator
Reports To: Childcare Coordinator
Provide age-appropriate care to children during weekly worship services, ministry programs, and church meetings while maintaining a Christ-like environment.
Provide childcare to children from eight weeks old through fifth grade. Will mainly work with infants and toddlers but must have the flexibility to work with the specified age range.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): changing diapers, taking children to the potty, bottle-feeding, providing snacks. Proper hygiene/sanitation techniques should always be enforced.
Implement a safe environment for all children while providing attentive and loving care. Must always actively engage children in play.
Effectively address the concerns of parents and communicate with them in a positive manner. Form trusting relationships with parents and their children.
Follow cleaning schedules for toys and equipment, and maintain proper sanitation conditions. Also responsible for the organization of room.
May be required to teach God-centered lessons as well as conduct arts and crafts activities with children.
Report any questions/concerns and areas of improvement to Childcare Coordinator.
Education and/or Experience: 1+ years of babysitting/childcare
Other: Friendly with high energy; works well with others; exhibits patience; encouraging and positive attitude; able to stay calm under stressful situations and/or unexpected events; reliable/dependable and easily reached by phone, text, or email; punctual.
Age: 18 +
Must pass a background check.
Complete First Aid and CPR certification (class will be provided to hired workers). Must wear a uniform (church “Here to Serve” t-shirt with khaki pants or jeans).
Must have a flexible schedule to work hours listed as well as other childcare needs that may arise during the week. Hours for shifts may be adjusted, but two hours per shift is guaranteed.
Sundays: 8:15AM-12:15PM and 5:15-7:45PM Wednesdays: 5:30PM-9:00PM
Will be expected to work every Sunday morning and/or evening
MUST be able to work Christmas Eve and Easter as well as other holidays that fall during the regular childcare schedule.
Hours will also include monthly team meetings.
Pay Rate: $10 per hourSubmit Resume Here