Part-time (28 hours/week) to support church finance functions
Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
2-4 years experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required; Shelby Systems preferred
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize workload, meet deadlines
Data entry: all Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable income
Credit Card management
Assist the Director of Finance and Finance Manager with various other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Email your cover letter and resume to Resumes@FirstChurchOrlando.org.
This post will remain open until the position is filled.
Assistant Director – Child Care
The Wesley Child Development Center (WCDC) was created as a means of expressing Jesus’ love for children, and in the belief that it is First United Methodist Church of Orlando’s (First Church) congregational responsibility to provide, in an environment of love and trust, a place to develop and nurture each individual child’s growth and learning. The center strives to meet the varied needs of today’s families and to provide an atmosphere where children, from all backgrounds, can flourish and grow physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
As an Assistant Director you will be trusted with a wide range of tasks that will be essential to the smooth running of the center as well as to the educational development of the children.
Some of the exciting things that you will do as an Assistant Director include, but are not limited to:
- Make a difference every day!
- Assist Director in implementing the goals and philosophy of the center in keeping with its role as a ministry of First Church.
- Assist the Director with the operation of the center, ensuring that the school is operating in accordance with company and state licensing standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children and parents.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
- Teach, educate and monitor children as needed.
- Assist Director in staff development and training.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all state licensing requirements, including:
- Associate’s Degree or higher in early childhood education or child development with at least two years of child care experience in a preschool setting
- Director Credential (must be maintained at all times)
- Complete forty-hour Introduction to Introductory Child Care Training Course and five hour Early Literacy and Language Development Course and Child Development Associate Degree (CDA)
- VPK Director Endorsement
Email your cover letter and resume to Kimberly@FirstChurchOrlando.org.