First United Methodist Church of Orlando offers a variety of worship arts opportunities for people of all ages. A description of each is below. For more information about any of these opportunities, please contact us and we will connect you with a representative from each group.
Worship Arts Opportunities for Adults
- Chancel ChoirThe Chancel Choir sings weekly during the 11:00 am worship hour. This Choir sings challenging compositions that represent music of all historical periods, but especially music from the serious contemporary genre. Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 pm. Membership in the Chancel Choir is open to all adults.
- Concert ChoirThe Concert Choir is a non-auditioned group comprised of professional and amateur singers, members of the Chancel Choir, and instrumentalists. The Concert Choir performs masterworks from classical music to festive concerts. All interested singers are invited to these open rehearsals.
- Emerging Worship TeamThe Emerging Worship Team is a combination of singers and instrumentalists who provide music leadership for the 9:30 am and 5:30 pm services. A worship leader provides guidance for the congregational participation. The 9:30 worship team rehearses on Thursday evenings at 6:30 pm, and the 5:30 worship team rehearses on Sundays at 4:00 pm. Membership is open to all.
- Brass EnsembleThe Brass Ensemble plays standard brass ensemble compositions ranging from Gabrielli to today’s contemporary composers. In addition to instrumental arrangements for brass, the ensemble provides colorful accompaniment to anthems sung by the Chancel Choir. The Brass Ensemble rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm. Membership is open to all adults with playing experience.
- Wesley RingersWesley Ringers is an adult five-octave bell choir that rings challenging music once a month in the 11:00 am service. The Wesley Ringers rehearse on Wednesday evenings at 5:15 pm.
- Sanctuary BellsSanctuary Bells is an adult three-octave bell choir that rings monthly in the 8:30 am worship hour. The choir rehearses on Tuesday evenings at 5:45 pm.
Worship Arts Opportunities for Children
- Children's ChoirsWeekly rehearsal provides multiple learning experiences including singing, movement, exploratory instrumental playing, and storytelling. The children have opportunities to sing in worship services, choir festivals, and larger musical productions. Elementary-aged children will develop their voices and musical skills while learning how to express their faith through song.
Alleluia Choir (2nd – 5th Grade) rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 6:45 pm.
Carol Choir (K-1st Grade) rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 6:10 pm.