First Church Orlando invites visual artists in our church family to participate in our first of its kind art show. The show will be displayed beginning with the Downtown Orlando Third Thursday Art Walk on Thursday, September 19, through 26. The form below, along with photos of your submissions, must be received by August 25 (floral designers may submit photos of previous work).
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the application if you prefer to fill in out by hand and turn it in personally.
Applications are no longer being accepted.
Rules of Entry:
- All visual arts may be submitted such as drawings, paintings, sculpture, fabric arts, photography and floral arts. Photos must be submitted for each piece being submitted at the time of the application.
- Each artist may submit up to five pieces of their work. The number of pieces accepted is dependant on the number of applicants and space restrictions
- Each artist will need to provide a way to display their work such as easels and pedestals. Tables will only be provided for missions and children’s works.
- There will be no art for sale at this event, but room will be provided for portfolios, business cards, classes and other artist information.
- This show is open to all members and active participants in the life of First United Methodist Church of Orlando.
- August 25 is Art Creation Sunday for elementary children will create an individual art project in Sunday school to be included in A Creators Touch art exhibit. Pre-K students will participate in the creation of a class art project during Sunday school.
- Posthumous submissions may be submitted by family members.
- Each artist must sign a waiver form at or before the time of the art exhibit.
- Artists must include titles, sizes and mediums of each piece submitted. Each piece must also be labeled with the name of the artist and title of the piece.
- An artist statement may be submitted upon acceptance into the show to Communications@FirstChurchOrlando.org.
- A display card will be created by the church for each artwork accepted into the show based on the name of the applicant and the title of the work on this application.
- All works need to reflect the theme “The Creator’s Touch.”
- Selections and notifications will be made by the second week of September. Set-up will begin Wednesday, September 18, and all pieces must be collected by Thursday, September 26.