First United Methodist Church of Orlando will host a series of special events to mark the First Anniversary of the Pulse tragedy. All events are open to the entire Central Florida Community regardless of faith, creed, or religious affiliation.
June 6, Interfaith Service of Prayer and Compassion, 7:00 pm | Contemporary Worship Space
- Sponsored by the Interfaith Council of Central Florida, this service of prayer and remembrance incorporates the diverse faith traditions of our community in memorializing and honoring the victims and families of the Pulse tragedy.
June 10, Vigil in Remembrance of Pulse, 7:00 pm | Sanctuary
- Service of word and music featuring the combined choirs of First United Methodist Church and the Cathedral Church of St. Luke (Episcopal). Concert will include music and readings on peace, hope, remembrance and reconciliation. Please note, this service will be repeated on Sunday night, June 11 at 5:00 pm at the Cathedral Church of St. Luke.
June 11, Peace with Justice Sunday, 11:00 am | Sanctuary
- Annual observance of our denominational efforts to foster peace with justice at home and around the word.
June 12, Peace Pole Dedication, 9:30 am
- Community invited to join us in recommitting ourselves to the cause of peace as we dedicate a seven-foot, limestone Peace Pole on the church campus. Reception to follow.
49 Bells For Pulse Orlando, noon
- We will join churches around the world in tolling our bells 49 times in memory of the Pulse victims.