The Youth Ministry of First Church, The Skylight, is committed to helping youth in sixth through twelfth grade seek and love God and love and serve people. Led by the Minister to Youth and Families, Justin Cox, the Skylight Youth Ministry creates ways for youth to explore a relationship with Christ and build relationships with other Christ-following youth and adults.
- Upcoming Events
- Weekly Opportunities
Middle School Lock In
The Middle School Lock In is a crazy night of fun! We’ll be staying at the church playing games, eating food, possibly going on adventures! Sign up for this very special, one night only lock in!
Registrations close on March 4, 2018 or when all the spots are filled.
Our current Youth Group theme is looking at our church’s Core Values. These values are how we live into our vision statement to Seek and Love God. Love and Serve People. We’ll be discussing four of the seven values, and how we live them out in our own lives, as a Youth Group, and as a church.
Youth Group is on Sunday nights from 5:00 to 7:30 pm. Dinner is available at 5:00 pm for $5.
6th Grade Mission Trip: June 24-29, 2018
7th & 8th Grade Mission Trip: July 15-21, 2018
High School Mission Trip: July 15-21, 2018
Sunday Evening Youth Group
- Open Third Floor - 5:00 p.m.The doors open and the fun begins. Games and game tables are available, as well as spots to hang out and relax.
- Sunday Supper - 5:00 p.m.Supper is served buffet-style on the Third Floor. Youth can eat for $5.
- Worship - 5:30 p.m.A worship service for the whole family, 5:30 Worship includes youth leadership and communion.
- Small Groups - 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.Small groups allow youth to discuss topics that relate to their lives, their relationship with Christ, and their journey of faith. Small groups are divided by age group: 6th, 7th & 8th, 9th & 10th, and 11th & 12th.
- Worship Services - 8:30, 9:30, and 11 a.m.Youth are encouraged to participate in the morning worship services with their families. More information about our worship services can be found on the worship page.
- The Core Leadership Team - 6:30 p.m.The Core is a group for high school youth to make decisions for the Youth Ministry, discuss upcoming worship topics, and be the voice for Youth Ministry to the greater church. Each week a topic is discussed from mission trip destinations to ministry budgets and worship plans.
- Blankner Devos & DonutsDevos & Donuts is a breakfast program for Blankner middle school students at 8 a.m. in Mrs. Layton’s classroom the morning after FCA huddles. Come for free donuts and a morning devotion before school.
- Epic ConfirmationEpic is a group for 8th grade students that focuses on what their Epic journey through life is all about. Epic begins in the spring.
- Mission Leadership TeamMission Leadership Team is an opportunity for juniors and seniors to fully define their faith and discover who God has created them to be. Mission Leadership Team meets throughout the year.