The Youth Ministry of First Church, The Skylight, is committed to helping youth in sixth through twelfth grade seek and love God and love and serve people. Led by the Minister to Youth and Families, Justin Cox, the Skylight Youth Ministry creates ways for youth to explore a relationship with Christ and build relationships with other Christ-following youth and adults.
- Upcoming Events
- Weekly Opportunities
In April and May, Youth Group will explore the question, “What’s Good?” Youth Group begins when the Third Floor opens for games at 4 pm. Dinner is available at 4:45 pm for $5 with an optional $1 for our Compassion Kids. We gather in the 5:30 Worship Service and then move into youth small groups, with everything concluding at 7:30 pm.
After an epic journey, our 2017 Confirmation Class will profess their faith and be welcomed as members of First United Methodist Church of Orlando on Sunday, April 30 at 5:30 Worship. Come and celebrate their statement and dedication.
Join us on May 7 as we celebrate our graduating class! The celebrations last all day, but include a group picture at 10:30 am, cap and gown procession at 11:00 am worship, a private banquet at 12:30 pm, recognition at 5:30 Worship with Youth Group celebration after. It will be a very exciting day!
2017 Summer Mission Trips
The deadline for the summer mission trips has passed, but there are a few last minute spots available. Sign up soon because when these spaces are gone, they’re gone! Sign up for as little as a $100 deposit for either the 6th grade mission trip or the 7th & 8th grade mission trip. The high school trip is full.
As with all trips, scholarships are available. Please contact me for more details.
The registration window will close when spaces run out. For overnight retreats and mission trips, a prior relationship with our youth ministry is required for participants. If you have questions about either of these points, please contact Justin Cox.
- Open Third Floor - 4:00 p.m.The doors open and the fun begins. Games and game tables are available, as well as spots to hang out and relax.
- Sunday Supper - 4:30 p.m.Supper is served buffet-style on the Third Floor. Youth can eat for $5 and there is an additional suggested donation of $1 for our Compassion Kids.
- Youth Group - 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.Youth Group gives youth a chance to discuss topics that relate to their lives, their relationship with Christ, and their journey of faith. Youth Group includes games, 5:30 Worship, and age specific small groups (6th, 7th & 8th, 9th & 10th, and 11th & 12th).
- Worship Services - 8:30, 9:30, and 11 a.m.Youth are encouraged to participate in the morning worship services with their families. More information about our worship services can be found on the worship page.
- Foundations Bible Study - 11 a.m.Foundations with Travis is a Bible study that meets on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. This group, led by Travis Corwin, explores the classic stories of the Bible.
- The Core Leadership Team - 6:30 p.m.The Core is a group for youth to discuss upcoming worship topics and make decisions for the Youth Ministry. Each week and in-depth look at the worship topic, scripture, and other devotional material will help bring new understanding of the subject. The Core is open to youth interested in exploring Biblical themes in a new and deep way.
- Blankner Devos & DonutsDevos & Donuts is a breakfast program for Blankner middle school students at 8 a.m. in Mrs. Layton’s classroom the morning after FCA huddles. Come for free donuts and a morning devotion before school.
- Epic ConfirmationEpic is a group for 8th grade students that focuses on what their Epic journey through life is all about. Epic begins in the spring.
- Mission Leadership TeamMission Leadership Team is an opportunity for juniors and seniors to fully define their faith and discover who God has created them to be. Mission Leadership Team meets throughout the year with an information meeting in September.