The Youth Ministry of First Church, The Skylight, is committed to helping youth in sixth through twelfth grade seek and love God and love and serve people. Led by the Minister to Youth and Families, Justin Cox, the Skylight Youth Ministry creates ways for youth to explore a relationship with Christ and build relationships with other Christ-following youth and adults.
- Upcoming Events
- Weekly Opportunities
- Calendars and Forms
Youth Group Begins this SUNDAY!
We’ll gather for dinner ($5 plus $1 optional donation for our Compassion Kids) at 4:45 pm and then head into 5:30 Worship. Please know that this worship service is open to everyone, not just Youth Ministry so you are welcome to come as a family. I’ll be giving a message based on Luke 14 to kick off the new year. Following the service, the Youth Group will be playing games, winning prizes, taking a group picture, and introducing small groups for the year. We’ll wrap everything up 7:30 pm. This will be a great night for everyone to come and celebrate the new year.
Labor Day Games — September 4 @ 3:30 pm
We’ll be playing games on the Third Floor from 3:30 pm until dinner. We’ll wrap up the evening with 5:30 Worship. There will be no small groups on Sunday, 9/4 but we will return to our regular schedule on 9/11.
The Core — September 7 @ 6:30 pm
This is our high school leadership team that meets to make decisions and help guide the direction of our Youth Ministry. The Core meets from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
Foundations — September 11 @ 11:00 am
Foundations is our Sunday morning Bible study that meets at 11:00 am. This year, we will be looking at Old Testament scriptures through Sunday comic strips.
Worship Retreat — September 16 & 17
Attention anyone interested in Worship (playing music, lights and technology, singing, etc.): Joey Landstet, our Emerging Worship Director, is working on a Worship Retreat! This will leave Friday, September 16 and return Saturday, September 17. For more details, or to sign up, please contact Joey directly.
Mission Leadership Team Info Session — September 25
Mission Leadership Team, a group for 11th and 12th graders interested in taking a deeper look at their faith and their leadership styles, begins with a special meeting following 5:30 Worship on the 25th. The youth interested and a parent are required to attend this meeting for participation in Mission Leadership Team and the MLT Mission Trip to Guatemala.
Blankner Devos and Donuts — October 7 @ 8:00 am
Friday mornings at 8am following FCA Huddles, Devos and Donuts meets in Mrs. Layton’s classroom to start the school day off with a devotion and a donut (or two or three or four). Open to any Blankner middle school students.
- Sunday Supper - 4:45 p.m.Supper is served buffet-style on the first floor. Youth can eat for $5 and there is an additional suggested donation of $1 for our Compassion Kids.
- Youth Group - 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.Youth Group gives youth a chance to discuss topics that relate to their lives, their relationship with Christ, and their journey of faith. Youth Group includes games, 5:30 Worship, and age specific small groups (6th, 7th & 8th, 9th & 10th, and 11th & 12th).
- Worship Services - 8:30, 9:30, and 11 a.m.Youth are encouraged to participate in the morning worship services with their families. More information about our worship services can be found on the worship page.
- Foundations Bible Study - 11 a.m.Foundations with Travis is a Bible study that meets on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. in the Conference Room. This group, led by Travis Corwin, explores the classic stories of the Bible.
- The Core Leadership Team - 6:30 p.m.The Core is a group for youth to discuss upcoming worship topics and make decisions for the Youth Ministry. Each week and in-depth look at the worship topic, scripture, and other devotional material will help bring new understanding of the subject. The Core is open to youth interested in exploring Biblical themes in a new and deep way.
- Blankner Devos & DonutsDevos & Donuts is a breakfast program for Blankner middle school students at 8 a.m. in Mrs. Layton’s classroom the morning after FCA huddles. Come for free donuts and a morning devotion before school.
- Epic ConfirmationEpic is a group for 8th grade students that focuses on what their Epic journey through life is all about. Epic begins in the spring.
- Mission Leadership TeamMission Leadership Team is an opportunity for juniors and seniors to fully define their faith and discover who God has created them to be. Mission Leadership Team meets throughout the year with an information meeting in September.