The Youth Ministry of First Church, The Skylight, is committed to helping youth in sixth through twelfth grade seek and love God and love and serve people. Led by the Minister to Youth and Families, Justin Cox, the Skylight Youth Ministry creates ways for youth to explore a relationship with Christ and build relationships with other Christ-following youth and adults.
- Upcoming Events
- Weekly Opportunities
- Calendars and Forms
October Theme: Disciples Path
Beginning October 9, youth small groups will be looking at what being a disciple is all about. As always, we’ll gather for dinner ($5 plus $1 optional donation for our Compassion Kids) at 4:45 pm and then head into 5:30 Worship. Please know that this worship service is open to everyone, not just Youth Ministry so you are welcome to come as a family. Following the service, the Youth Group plays a game and goes into small groups. Everything wraps up at 7:30 pm.
High School Winter Retreat
High School Winter Retreat is January 6-8, 2017!
The High School Winter Retreat is an awesome opportunity for High School youth to get away for the weekend and refocus on Christ. The retreat is January 6-8 in Green Cove Springs and costs $175. This year you can sign up for the retreat online by clicking here.
As with all trips, scholarships are available. Please contact me for more details.
Please note that registrations for this year’s events will be handled a little differently than in the past. First, the registration window will close when spaces run out or December 4, which ever comes first. This will provide us plenty of time to notify the place we are staying and so that we can arrange appropriate transportation for our group. Second, for overnight retreats and mission trips, a prior relationship with our youth ministry is required for participants. If you have questions about either of these points, please let me know.
The Pecans are Coming!
Earlier this year United Methodist Women gifted Youth Ministry with their annual pecan sales fundraiser. Pecans come in whole and pieces verities and the super addictive cinnamon glazed and chocolate covered. The funds we raise through selling pecans will help to create and fund our planned After School Ministry on the third floor! Online pre-sales will begin in late October. Stay tuned!
Third Floor Grand Opening: November 20
After years of planning and months of construction, the Third Floor is ready to officially open the doors! Join us on November 20 for a grand opening celebration and fall festival. There will be food, fun, games, and more. Come and celebrate our next chapter in ministry!
Epic Confirmation is a group for 8th grade students that focuses on what their Epic journey through life is all about. Sign up today!
Epic is a time to explore your faith, ask questions, and try to better understand what a relationship with God is really all about.
Want to know more about what this Confirmation thing is? Listen to what Chuck has to say.
- Sunday Supper - 4:45 p.m.Supper is served buffet-style on the first floor. Youth can eat for $5 and there is an additional suggested donation of $1 for our Compassion Kids.
- Youth Group - 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.Youth Group gives youth a chance to discuss topics that relate to their lives, their relationship with Christ, and their journey of faith. Youth Group includes games, 5:30 Worship, and age specific small groups (6th, 7th & 8th, 9th & 10th, and 11th & 12th).
- Worship Services - 8:30, 9:30, and 11 a.m.Youth are encouraged to participate in the morning worship services with their families. More information about our worship services can be found on the worship page.
- Foundations Bible Study - 11 a.m.Foundations with Travis is a Bible study that meets on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. in the Conference Room. This group, led by Travis Corwin, explores the classic stories of the Bible.
- The Core Leadership Team - 6:30 p.m.The Core is a group for youth to discuss upcoming worship topics and make decisions for the Youth Ministry. Each week and in-depth look at the worship topic, scripture, and other devotional material will help bring new understanding of the subject. The Core is open to youth interested in exploring Biblical themes in a new and deep way.
- Blankner Devos & DonutsDevos & Donuts is a breakfast program for Blankner middle school students at 8 a.m. in Mrs. Layton’s classroom the morning after FCA huddles. Come for free donuts and a morning devotion before school.
- Epic ConfirmationEpic is a group for 8th grade students that focuses on what their Epic journey through life is all about. Epic begins in the spring.
- Mission Leadership TeamMission Leadership Team is an opportunity for juniors and seniors to fully define their faith and discover who God has created them to be. Mission Leadership Team meets throughout the year with an information meeting in September.